Below is a video from a sermon preached by Paul Washer in October 2008 at a revival conference in Atlanta, GA. The title of the sermon is “Ten Indictments Against The Modern Church in America.”
It is already being called one of the best sermons of our time. Paul Washer delivers a urgent appeal to the Christians and Churches in North America that many have been believing a false gospel and have false assurance of their salvation. He lists ten indictments against the modern Church system in America.
The video is about 2 hours long, but if you have the time to spare, it is well worth the watch, and maybe even some note taking. It can also be found at sermonaudio.com
Here is a list of the ten indictments:
1) A practical denial of the sufficiency of scripture.
2) An ignorance of God.
3) A failure to address man’s malady.
4) An ignorance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
5) An ignorance of the doctrine of regeneration.
6) An unbiblical gospel invitation.
7) Ignorance regarding the nature of the church.
8) A lack of loving and compassionate church discipline.
9) A silence on separation
10) Psychology and sociology have replaced the Scriptures with regard to the family.
Also, here are some quotes from the sermon:
A church ought to be seeker friendly, but the church ought to recognize there’s only one seeker, His name is God, and if you want to be friendly to someone, if you want to accommodate someone, accommodate Him and his Glory.
We are not called to build empires, we are not called to be accepted, we are called to glorify God.
Salvation is by faith alone. It is a work of God. It is a grace upon grace upon grace. But the evidence of conversion is not just your examination of your sincerity at the moment of your conversion. It is the on going fruit in your life.
The more you trust in the arm of the flesh, the less you are going to see of the power of God.
This is a biblical sermon, and it would be well worth the time to check it out.
– Adam Smith